One of my favorite proteins to indulge in is fish — salmon to be specific. Not only is it melt-in-your-mouth-good, but it’s swimming with health benefits. Mix it in with a bowl of hearty veggies, and you’ve got yourself a meal loaded with nutrients!
But first, a quick dive into why salmon. Salmon doesn’t get its name as a nutritional powerhouse for nothin’. It’s rich in omega-3 fats (great for skin), plus high in B vitamins and potassium. It’s also been said to help with reducing the risk of heart disease and boost overall brain health. Are you on board yet?
Cooking salmon can be prepared in several ways. My go-to, and for this recipe, is baking. It’s super easy, and here are the deets:
- 1/2 lb. of Atlantic salmon (or any kind of your choosing)
- Brussels sprouts
- Riced cauliflower (I get mine from Trader Joe’s)
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic salt
- Goddess dressing from Trader Joe’s
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While waiting you can chop up brussels sprouts, get out your riced cauliflower + spinach, and season the salmon
- Bake salmon and brussels sprouts for 15 minutes or until done (don’t forget to spray your baking sheet!)
- Cook riced cauliflower in a pan. Sprinkle turmeric to taste or until orange
- Wait 15 minutes… and voilà! I like to lightly dress my spinach and brussels sprouts in olive oil to prevent any dryness
- Add dressing of choice for extra flavor
This meal takes less than 30 minutes and will leave you full and glowing. What types of veggies do you like with your salmon?