We all have that window during the day when hunger kicks in and energy drifts to a slump; that window which falls outside of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s snack time. Snacking can be tough when you’re eating healthy, especially if you’re like me and try avoiding processed foods or look at the nutritional labels on just about anything. For me, the ideal snack is energy-fueling, satisfying, and made with simple ingredients. A snack that has all of those things, are Matcha energy bites!
These bites are so easy to make, and I’m excited to share the recipe with you. All you need is a food processor and 6 ingredients. With these bites you get to consume the benefits of Matcha, all while getting the energizing satisfaction you need.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 tsp. of Matcha powder
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup of pitted Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup of cashews or almonds (I used half and half!)
- 4 tbsp. of cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- First blend dates in food processor
- Add remaining ingredients after dates are blended
- After ingredients have been turned into a doughy texture, roll into the shape of balls and put in freezer
- Freeze for a few hours