If you’re a “normal” human being, you love pizza. If you’re reading this and thinking that statement is false… I’m genuinely confused. Sorry, said it — pizza is GREAT. I will be the first to admit that while I love eating healthy and watch what I put into my body, I will not deprive myself of America’s favorite pie. Of course, the cheesy and thick-crusted goodness is probably not something you want to consume regularly, unless you can put a twist on it.
Fortunately for all of us health-conscious pizza fanatics, Trader Joe’s came out with their very own pre-made Cauliflower Pizza Crust! It’s amazing, y’all, and takes less than 30 minutes to bake. The crust is always sold out at my local TJ’s, but I finally found a store that seems to be stocked pretty frequently. It sells for just under $4, is 480 calories, and low in sugar.
I finally had the chance to whip up my very own pizza, and the recipe is dairy-free. I don’t personally have a gluten or dairy allergy, but I’ve learned pizza doesn’t need cheese to taste delicious. Pizza is a strong independent woman that can be dressed however she pleases!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Avocado Pesto (learn how to make it here)
- Fresh jalapenos
- Fresh figs
- Thai basil
- Trader Joe’s Cilantro salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Bake pizza crust for 10-12 minutes on one side, flip, and bake for 10-12 more minutes
- While crust is baking, make your avocado pesto (recipe here)
- Carefully remove pizza crust from oven and put onto plate
- Spread your pesto sauce throughout
- Add veggie toppings
- Drizzle cilantro dressing throughout
What healthy pizza recipes do you have up your sleeve?